VOICE YOUR VIEWS NOW!
Fellow Ole Miss Rebels:
The Mascot Concept Development phase of our process is now complete. We are excited to share the results with you and to hear your feedback.
As we move into this evaluation phase, we need to clarify and emphasize some key points.
- First, we are and will continue to be the “Ole Miss Rebels.” This process is simply about creating a new on-field mascot for all of us to enjoy. Our University’s familiar name “Ole Miss” and team name “Rebels” as well as our colors “red and blue” are not being changed. In fact, we all hope that the new mascot will allow all of us to further celebrate everything that makes us proud to be “Ole Miss Rebels.”
- Second, it’s time to move forward. This process is not about eliminating old traditions or mascots but creating new ones. Our former mascot was taken off the field seven years ago, and we, the current students, have never enjoyed an on-field mascot. No matter how you feel about the removal of our former mascot in 2003, we hope you will help us develop and embrace a new mascot to lead today’s Ole Miss Rebels.
- Third, the concepts are explained in a sequence of 25 slides. The entire process of reviewing the final concepts and voting should not take more than 5 to 10 minutes, so we ask that you take your time and read everything carefully.
- Finally, the links for voting will not be active until 8:00 AM Central Time on Wednesday, October 6 and will be closed promptly at 5:00 PM Central Time on Tuesday, October 12.
Now for the fun part! We have three mascot concepts or elements for you to review. Your feedback in this phase of the mascot selection process is incredibly important. The results of this phase will be a deciding factor in the selection of the new Ole Miss Rebel Mascot. As always, we value your input tremendously, so please give each concept a chance to “soak in” and then give us your thoughts. Thank you very much for your time.
The Rebel Mascot Selection Committee
In order to participate in the mascot opinion poll, select the link below that reflects your affiliation to the University:
- Currently Enrolled Ole Miss Student – Currently attending or enrolled in the spring semester of 2010 (WebID authentication)
- Ole Miss Faculty or Staff – Currently employed (WebID authentication)
- Ole Miss Alumni – Registered with Alumni Center (10-digit Alumni Center code required)
- Season Ticket Holder – All football season ticket holders (ticket number and zip code required)
- UMMC Student – Currently enrolled (myU authentication)
- UMMC Faculty or Staff – Currently employed (myU authentication)